Family Rules: Interview at The Examiner
“… I can, and do, write pretty much anywhere. At home, my office is chaotic, but I fall through the computer screen pretty quickly and all the junk and paraphernalia on my desk disappear.
I always have music on when I write, and I count that as the most important part of my writing environment. I usually write to what I call ‘transport music’, floating away from my own moment and into the landscape of the story. For Family Rules, and especially the redraft, I was listening a lot to the Scottish band Mogwai, who make epic heavy instrumental rock, very powerful stuff.
So, I tend to think of my writing environment as my MacBook Pro, a screen and transport music, all taking me into the heart of my stories…”
- Of course - always love this one live - Nels Cline's guitar is great here youtu.be/OU2v5fi23VI via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Inimitable. youtu.be/ceafx0Y3bB0 via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Along with Paul Gilbert, Guthrie Govan is up there in my pantheon of teachers/players - #MakesMeWantToTry #LoveMusic youtu.be/mMPfYYE5CBE 1 week ago
- Very, very tight! Extreme - Get The Funk Out 2010 youtu.be/c1AxoPTAgxA 1 week ago
- CNN reporting that Malaysian airliner was secret CIA experimental submarine #allegedly 1 week ago
Or sign up here for our regular eNewsletter:
Escalation $4.99 USD
Family Rules $4.99 USD
Karaoke Criminals $4.99 USD
Do Sparrows Eat Butterflies? $4.99 USD
Garbled Glittering Glamours $2.99 USD
All eBooks Combo $20.00 USD
Did you know…
Buy my books
I've been writing...