Family Rules: Interview at The Examiner
“… I can, and do, write pretty much anywhere. At home, my office is chaotic, but I fall through the computer screen pretty quickly and all the junk and paraphernalia on my desk disappear.
I always have music on when I write, and I count that as the most important part of my writing environment. I usually write to what I call ‘transport music’, floating away from my own moment and into the landscape of the story. For Family Rules, and especially the redraft, I was listening a lot to the Scottish band Mogwai, who make epic heavy instrumental rock, very powerful stuff.
So, I tend to think of my writing environment as my MacBook Pro, a screen and transport music, all taking me into the heart of my stories…”
- Still a major part of my soundtrack - Mogwai, 'nuff said. youtu.be/5EfuLuN0VXs 1 day ago
- "But everyone said she was beautiful, even without her head..." Happy Sunday evening! youtu.be/oD2GvIAg-A8 1 day ago
- Interesting mash-up - if the pictures don't work for you, just turn of the lights and recline in the music youtu.be/eihZvLxliK8 2 days ago
- I don't often use a wah pedal, but when I do, I quite royally get my funk on! #DunlopCrybaby #Wah #Funk 3 days ago
- Convince yourself, "it's my life, don't you forget", caught in the crap, it never ends - youtu.be/Rbwz532EQw8 3 days ago
Or sign up here for our regular eNewsletter:
Escalation $4.99 USD
Family Rules $4.99 USD
Karaoke Criminals $4.99 USD
Do Sparrows Eat Butterflies? $4.99 USD
Garbled Glittering Glamours $2.99 USD
All eBooks Combo $20.00 USD
Did you know…
Buy my books
I've been writing...